OPEN REGISTRATION UNTIL CLASSES ARE FILLED.
Students will now be admitted on a first come basis until classes are full.
Students entering Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2019.
Next Generation Academy is a tuition-free, public charter school serving students in grades K-3. We anticipate expanding an additional grade each year until reaching K-8 by the 2024-2025 academic year.
All families living within the State of North Carolina are eligible to apply.
The application window for the 2019-2020 school year begins January 1st 2019. If applications exceed 100 students, we will utilize a lottery to admit students.
Beginning January 1st 2019, you may login and complete your online application:
- Tours and Open Houses: Sunday February 17th, 2-4pm
- Registration for rising K, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Grades: January 1st 2019-February 28th 2019
- Registration Deadline: March 14th, 2019 @ 5:00pm
- Lottery Drawing (if registration exceeds 100): March 14th, 2019 @ 7:00pm LOTTERY IS COMPLETED ONLINE.
- Ongoing Registration on first come basis: NOW OPEN
- Meetings with Parents & Students: March-May 2019
Lottery & Application Information
Next Generation Academy will utilize the Lotterease system to ensure a fair and transparent lottery process.
¡Ahora aceptamos las solicitudes para matricular! Se puede solicitar en línea por hacer click en el enlace. Favor de completar una solicitud para cada hijo/a que quiere matricular en Next Generation Academy 2019-2020.
Directions to apply:
- Click on the link to Lotterease above.
- Select the Parents tab
- You will create your Registration with the tab on the left. Please note that this is your information not your child.
- Once you have registered, you will enter your child’s information on the next screen. You can enter other children by using the tab on the left labeled sibling.
- On the next screen, you will see a pull down menu of schools. You will select Next Generation Academy.
- You will then select the lottery that you would like to apply to on the pull down menu.
- You will confirm your desire to apply.
In the event that we receive more applications for your child’s grade level than there are spots available, your child will be placed in an enrollment lottery to be held March 14. You will be notified of the lottery results by mail, email, and phone call immediately following the lottery process. If selected, you will have seven days to accept or decline your seat. If you do not reply within seven days, your seat will be given to the next child on the waiting list and your child will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list.
If your child is selected for enrollment via lottery and you accept the seat, you must attend one of our welcome sessions held at various times throughout March, April, and May 2019. At that time, you will complete the enrollment paperwork, including providing proof of residency.
If your child is not selected for enrollment after the lottery, their name will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which they were pulled during the lottery.
To be considered in the lottery, applications must be submitted by 11:59pm February 28, 2019. Applications received after that date will be added to the end of the lottery-generated waiting list in the order in which they are received.
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness?
When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way. That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and waitlist. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. They must work within the requirements of the system. In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal. If the school you want your child to attend displays the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness, you can rest assured that you child will get their fair chance to attend the school.